So a FB friend said something profound today on a post, “look for the positive when confronted with the negative”……so I decided to write a double blog post today because I NEED to look for the positive today. Today I’m feeling flat, depressed and down, so here’s my list of positives……
- This time last year I weighed 280 and could barely run for 30 min on the treadmill, let alone be working on C25K week 5….MUST remember this
- This time last year, my hips hurts so badly from running I had to put the C25K app on the shelf for a few months to give my hips time to heal.. Today I’m on week 5, which consists of a 3 min run, 2 min walk, 5 min walk etc….I can do it!!
- This time last year I was so anal retentive about doing my workouts perfectly that if something was just “off” I would quit, leave the gym and go home. Today, if my workout is “off” I push through recognizing that anything is better than nothing.
- This time last year, I was living on Quest bars and crappy eating habits. Today, I’ve learned how to eat clean and nourish my body appropriately, yes it’s still a struggle, but every day I learn something new.
- This time last year I was on multiple BP meds and today I’m on ¾ of a dose of ONE med. I’m no longer on cholesterol meds and I haven’t had to have Botox injections for migraines in almost a year.
So all in all, I would say I’m making progress and that the scale shouldn’t dictate how I feel about myself, I will battle through this and come out on top!!